Live Gallery Bidding Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. By bidding in the auctions, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
2. Auction is held on a scheduled Wednesday. Items may be previewed from 5:00-6:00 pm on the day of the auction. Please use this time to examine and make note of the condition of the items prior to bidding.
3. Auction will begin at 6:00 p.m. and will continue without intermission until all items up for auction have been auctioned. After auction begins, preview area will be closed to the audience.
4. Before being allowed to bid, you must register with the auction house, presenting valid PHOTO identification which will be scanned into our system. You will in turn be issued a permanent bidder number and a bid card with which to bid.
5. To enter a bid, the bidder holds up their bid card cards in a way that’s visible to the auctioneer or one of the spotters. Use only the bid number assigned to you. Only those bidders holding bid cards will be allowed to place bids. The auctioneer will determine who the successful bidder is. NOTE: You MAY also be bidding against Internet and Absentee bidders by Proxy. NO BID UNDER $5.00 WILL BE ACCEPTED * NO BIDS/OFFERS ACCEPTED AFTER AUCTION CLOSES
6. The auctioneer is the only party allowed to determine that a bid has been placed. If an auctioneer misses a bid, the missed party has no right to have the bid reinstated. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have sole and final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer the item in dispute.
7. Absentee Bid – Absentee bids can be placed via www.UniqueVintique.hibid.com up until 12 noon auction day. Your bid will be executed by proxy during the auction.
8. All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” Auctioneer will make every attempt to describe items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
9. Items have not been appraised unless so noted.
10. BUYERS PREMIUM/PAYMENT: A 13% buyers premium will be applied to purchases by credit card or PayPal and is payable along with applicable tax which is added to the total cost of your purchase. If you choose to pay by cash, the buyer’s premium is discounted to 10%. Items purchased must be made in full on the day of the auction to the cashier. Buyers will be required to pay the State of Pennsylvania Sales Tax of 6% as well as 2% for local tax for a total of 8% at the time of payment unless the buyer provides Unique Vintique, LLC. with a valid Exemption Certificate. Auction cashier will gladly accept Cash, Credit Card, or PayPal. You may also pay through PayPal.Me/UniqueVintiqueLLC
11. The purchaser must pick up all items the day of the auction, unless special arrangements are made. Auction house does not provide delivery; buyers are responsible for PACKING & TRANSPORT of ALL their items. Any item left unclaimed, without prior arrangements, will be sold at the next auction.
12. Auction items are placed on consignment to the auction house by seller. Seller may choose to set a Reserve Price that is above the minimum starting bid. The actual amount of the reserve price is disclosed to bidders when it has been met or surpassed. The seller is not obligated to sell if the reserve was not met, nor is the high bidder obligated to purchase. If the high bid meets the reserve price, then both parties are obligated to the transaction.
13. Auctioneer reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
14. The auction house reserves the right to disqualify or reject any bids made during or after the auction, for any reason.
15. Excluding Auctioneer, all staff are registered bidders and may bid on items. Consignors are prohibited from bidding on their own items.
16. AUCTION ETIQUETTE– Be professional and Respectful to the Auction House, Staff, and other bidders-Absolutely No STEALING, screaming, yelling, use of profanity or fighting of any kind will be tolerated.
Should you have any questions, please contact us by phone: 215.469.4553 or email: email@example.com
***NOTICE: PREMISES MONITORED AND RECORDED BY SURVELLIENCE CAMERAS******
Online Bidding Terms & Conditions of Sale
13% buyer’s premium will be added to total bid amounts. All items are sold ‘as-is’, ‘where-is’ with no warranties, or guarantees. All sales are final and no returns. Some items may be subject to a reserve bid, and if your high bid does not meet the reserve, it will not be accepted. The auctioneer is the sole ruling party on all disputes.
A 6% sales tax will be added for PA residents. An additional 2% local tax is added to purchases by Philadelphia residents. Sales tax may be waived by purchasers who provide their valid state Pennsylvania resale certificate.
Online auctions require bidders to provide a valid credit card to place bids. Buyers agree to have their credit card automatically charged for total bid(s) amount plus buyer’s premium and sales tax (if applicable). When auto payment is not used, you will be invoiced within 24 hours after the auction, and payment is required immediately upon receipt of invoice.
Methods of payment
We accept all major credit cards in addition to payments through PayPal and Stripe.
Items can be picked up at our auction gallery located at 4519 Tacony Street, Philadelphia, PA 19124. Pickup times will be by appointment as indicated in individual auctions. All invoices must be prepaid before items can be picked up. For shipping terms, see below.
Ownership of items
Unique Vintique Auctions & Estate Sales is not the owner or seller of the auction items, but merely a bailee acting on behalf of the seller (Consignor) to facilitate the sale of their goods by holding the goods until such time as a sale is completed and the goods are relinquished to the buyer. We regularly receive1,000’s of items for consignment from Estate Sales, Clean-Outs, Warehouse Liquidations, and/or other means.
Condition of items
We regularly receive 1,000s of items for consignment from estate sales, clean-outs, warehouse liquidations, and/or other means.
Many items have dirt and/or damage to the item itself and/or the packaging. Some show age-appropriate wear or oxidation, have missing stones, have been previously repaired, chipped, etc. We usually do not test, repair or clean items. We try to check for obvious major damages and try to indicate this through photos or in the listing. Items are sold as-is, as described, as acquired, and as pictured and no returns are accepted.
We may know a lot about a lot of things, but we do not know nor see everything. Items are being described to the best of our abilities, as accurate as possible, and as conscientiously as possible. To avoid any potential oversights, we respectfully request your assistance in helping us to make this a mutually satisfactory transaction by doing your due diligence, viewing images carefully, doing research, checking shipping costs to you and asking all questions prior to bidding.
Please note that size and color representation are subject to manufacturing variances and may not be exact. Also, note that monitor settings may vary from computer to computer and may distort actual colors.
Unique Vintique LLC is an auction House in Philadelphia, PA, that sells on consignment for clients.Internet bidding is a service provided to customers. However, it is not perfect, and errors do occur. Due to this fact, all bids are executed in good faith by members of our staff and/or our online software or mobile app. But a bid is no guarantee that the item will be sold for that price and to you, as bids are being executed via the phone, internet, absentee and live audience simultaneously.
All descriptions provided by the auction staff are made in good faith and as a service to buyers. Unique Vintique LLC is not liable for errors or omissions on the website or mobile app. If you have questions about an item, please contact us before you place a bid.
Unique Vintique LLC makes no express or implied warranties or representations regarding the condition or suitability of the goods and to the extent allowed by law, specifically disclaims any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for purpose.
Please note that all items are subject to prior sale in our gallery, and online auctions or other selling venues.
Shipping (when offered)
Shipping availability will be indicated in each item’s description.
Terms of shipping
Single and/or combined items must fit into USPS Priority Flat Rate mail boxes. We will use our discretion with smaller items and do our best to provide the most economical shipping options. Alternate shipping may be arranged by the buyer at the buyer’s discretion and expense. Items are carefully packed for safe shipping and once they are delivered to the carrier, our responsibility ends. Items are shipped within 5 business days of payments received.
The buyer is responsible for any additional insurance not included with shipping cost. Each USPS Priority Flat Rate box and its entire contents are insured for $50. If total content value of your items exceeds $50, additional insurance is at your expense.
All items are sold in “as is” condition when they leave our location at time of auction. If you receive an item in less than this condition, you must file a claim for damaged, lost or missing items with the shipping company. You will be required to provide proof of damage to the carrier. Please refer to detailed Terms and Conditions available on carriers’ websites. We do not ship outside the US. Your bid will indicate that you agree to these charges.
All items that are considered fragile will be carefully handled and packed for shipment accordingly. We are not a professional shipping company, but we package the best we can. Once items are accepted by the carrier, our responsibility ends. Any special shipping materials, and/or boxes will be added to shipping and handling charges.
Single, combined and/or large Items that cannot be shipped in standard size boxes will require additional shipping arrangements. We will gladly work with third-party shippers upon your request. You will be required to make all arrangements for shipping large items, including shipper pick-up and packaging. If you are unsure if any item is or is not shippable, please cal l us at 215-469-4553 before the auction begins.